Ok, may be it's a bit late (like 3 years), but Visual Studio 2003 Service Pack 1 is available for download.
My personal favorites among the List of bugs fixed in this service pack are:
- (843370) "Cannot copy assembly" error message during the build process after you use the Get Latest command to retrieve solution files from Visual SourceSafe.
- (887818) You may receive the "Cannot copy assembly" error message when you try to build a Visual C# .NET solution in Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- (867770) "Satellite assemblies could not be built because the main project output is missing" error message when you try to build a large Visual C# solution in Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- (822759) The code in the InitializeComponent function is deleted when you change the enableViewState property value of a page in Visual Studio .NET.
- (875511) WebForm HTML code may incorrectly display when you switch from Design view to HTML view in Visual Studio .NET 2003
Visual Studio 2003 Service Pack 1 IDE looks much much better than before. The build process is clean. Seems like people behind this service pack have done a good job. Despite the fact that many programmers have already moved to Visual Studio 2005.
Regarding Service Pack 1 installation application itself I can say - it is scary:
- It is a 160Mb file and installation takes a significant amount of time (like 40 minutes in my case), without providing any feedback.
- Runs several processes and takes many resources.
- Requires access to the original installation source.
Friday, September 29, 2006 6:30 AM